The Sony PlayStation 4 Slim features a system that is smaller, lighter, and more energy efficient than the original PS4. Despite its smaller design, it still provides the same performance found on earlier PS4 models — and it does so more quietly. It also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) gaming and content, which takes advantage of increased color depth and contrast on compatible displays.
Uncharted 4 takes place several years after Nathan Drake’s last adventure. The retired fortune hunter is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves. A PlayStation Plus subscription is required for access to online multiplayer features.
Sony PlayStation 4
- Compact Design
- The PS4 is now 30% smaller, 16% lighter, and 28% more energy efficient than the original PS4. Despite the smaller design, the redesigned PS4 still provides the same performance, so you can play at 1080p with ease.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Support
- The PS4 is fully compatible with the HDR10 specification. High Dynamic Range (HDR) is a display standard that allows for increased color depth and improved contrast compared to Standard Dynamic Range found on traditional HDTVs. In general, HDR-enabled content played on an HDR-compatible TV produces a noticeably fuller, richer image that is closer to what the human eye naturally sees. That means much deeper black levels that retain finer details, brighter highlights, and a much wider color spectrum than on traditional HDTVs.
- 1.84 Teraflops of PlayStation 4 Graphics
- The PlayStation’s graphics processing unit (GPU) contains a unified array of 18 Compute Units, which collectively generate 1.84 teraflops of processing power that can be applied freely to graphics, simulation tasks, or a mixture of the two. The PS4 is also equipped with 8GB of unified system memory, easing game creation and increasing the richness of content achievable. High-speed GDDR5 is used for the memory, giving the system a total of 176 GB/s of bandwidth and providing a further boost to graphics performance.
- Personalized, Curated Content
- The PS4 has the ability to learn your preferences. It will gauge your likes and dislikes and suggest content to match them. This allows you to discover content specifically tailored to you. It can even download and install content on your console. Search for games in your favorite genres or by your favorite game developers. You can also look over game-related information shared by your friends, view your friends’ gameplay, or get recommendations for content, such as games, TV shows, and movies.
- Play as You Download
- Spend less time waiting and more time playing with the PS4. When you purchase a game that is enabled with this feature, the PS4 downloads the core content so you can start playing as soon as possible. While you’re playing, the PS4 downloads the rest of the game in the background.
- Remote Play
- Use Remote Play to stream gameplay to your Mac, PC, Xperia, and PlayStation Vita.
- PlayStation App
- The PlayStation App will enable iOS and Android smartphones and tablets to become second screens for the PS4. Once installed on these devices, players can view in game items, purchase PS4 games, download PS4 games directly to the console at home, and even watch the gameplay of other gamers remotely.
- DualShock 4 Wireless Controller
- The included DualShock 4 wireless controller features familiar controls from its predecessor, the DualShock 3, while also introducing innovative ways to interact with games and other players. Improved dual analog sticks and trigger buttons offer precise control while the capacitive touch pad provides a unique way of interacting with games. The Share button allows you to share your gameplay over social media. This DualShock 4 wireless controller has a slightly different design, which allows the light from the light bar to emit on the touch pad.
- PlayStation Plus
- While PlayStation Plus is not required for services such as Netflix, or sharing gameplay via the Share button, it does provide additional features to enhance your PS4 experience. The most important feature of PlayStation Plus is your ability to play online multiplayer. If you do not have a PlayStation Plus membership, you will not be able play online.PlayStation Plus also provides exclusive access to a regular, curated selection of titles at no additional cost known as the Instant Game Collection. In addition to free monthly games, PlayStation Plus members also get regular discounts in the PlayStation Store. PlayStation Plus also provides members with the ability to automatically (or manually) upload game save files to the Online Game Save Storage for safekeeping. PlayStation Plus members will have up to 1GB of cloud storage to allocate their PS4 save files. Other benefits of having a PlayStation Plus membership include early access to exclusive game content, automatic game patch downloads and installations, and more.
Please note that a PlayStation Plus membership is required for online multiplayer. It is not included with the PS4 and must be purchased separately.
|Memory||8 GB of GDDR5 RAM|
|Storage||500 GB 5400 rpm SATA II|
|Display||1 x HDMI|
|Supported Resolutions||1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p|
|USB Ports||2 x USB 3.0|
|Ethernet||1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN|
|Bluetooth||4.0 + LE|
|Dimensions||10.4 x 1.5 x 10.4″ / 26.5 x 3.8 x 26.5 cm|
|Weight||4.6 lbs / 2.1 kg|
|Package Weight||8.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||16.9 x 14.0 x 4.0″|