Gear up and experience a different gaming sensation with the PlayStation VR Headset from Sony. Aside from the required PlayStation 4 console, sold separately, you will also need a PlayStation Camera and two PlayStation Move Controllers for the full VR experience. Once set up and configured correctly, just put on the headset and grab the controllers to enter a unique gaming experience so intense that your intuition takes over.
One of the key components of the VR experience is the PlayStation Camera, which carefully tracks the headset, controllers, and your body’s movements, relaying all that information to the game and allowing for fun and interactive challenges previously unattainable with just a mouse, keyboard, or a standard controller. However, controllers are still necessary for additional functions and commands, and though many games will function with your DualShock 4 controllers, the PlayStation Move motion controllers allows for individual hand tracking, giving you another level of interactive immersion. Lastly, the included processor unit offloads certain functions from the main system, such as 3D audio processing, scaling and cropping, compressing and uncompressing, and displaying traditional 2D content. This headset comes with a PlayStation VR demo disc.Note: A PlayStation 4 gaming console, PlayStation Camera, and PlayStation Move Controllers are required for the full VR experience, and are not included.
- Advanced VR Display + 3D Audio Technology
- The feeling of “being there” starts with what you see. Seamless visuals keep you connected to the virtual world through an expansive 5.7″ RGB OLED display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution at up to 120 frames per second. Furthermore, 3D Audio with PlayStation VR means that you’ll be able to pinpoint sounds above, below, and all around you. Instinctively turn your head to the source of a single footstep and be able to judge its distance, just as you would in real life.
- Comfortable and Adjustable Design
- The PlayStation VR headset was engineered to be balanced, comfortable, and completely adjustable. It’s designed to feel like it’s not there – keeping you free from distraction as you explore new gaming worlds.
- Move With Purpose
- The LEDs around the PlayStation VR headset, on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, and on the PlayStation Move motion controllers are tracked by the PlayStation Camera, providing an incredibly precise capture of your natural movement in virtual space.